Shed Burns – Firemen Save Home

Shed Burns – Firemen Save Home

A storage shed burned down this evening, Sept. 24, behind a home in the 500 block of W. Bottom in Columbia (between the Baptist Church and the UCC). The Columbia Fire Dept. was dispatched at 6:40 p.m. and were soon on the scene. When they arrived the structure was fully engulfed in flames. In addition, the heat and flames were melting the vinyl siding of the adjacent home. Columbia firefighters worked very quickly to extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading to the home. 

There were no injuries, but the shed and its contents were a complete loss. Damage to the home was limited to the vinyl siding.